Westlake Country and Safari Estate was originally part of the farm “Groot Plaas”. The farm was owned by two brothers (Pretorius) which resulted in the name “Broederstroom”. The brothers had many children and the original farm was divided amongst the descendants and renamed.One of the sub-divided farms on the Western side of Groot Plaas was sold to 1820 settler William Scrooby. Part of that farm has now become Westlake.
Westlake Country and Safari Estate is nestled alongside the southern shores of Hartbeespoort Dam with scenic views of the Magaliesberg Mountain Range. More than half the estate is communal property, with many inland dams and an abundance of tree and grass varieties. These support a variety of water birds and fish. We have many springbok, impala, nyala, gemsbok, blesbok, red hartebeest, black wildebeest and duiker roaming freely, often seen wandering between the houses. The Estate is situated in a convenient location with all amenities close by.
Recreational safety and amenities which we boast of
- Equestrian Centre (horse riding and coffee shop)
- Walking trails
- Braai and picnic areas
- Harbour (slipway, jetties, boat launching facilities and boat lockers)
- Squash court
- Tennis courts
- Volleyball court
- Communal swimming pool
- Public toilets and showers
- Nine-hole mashie golf course
- Children’s play area
- Security (Boomed entrance, electrified parameter fencing, 24/7 patrols, full access control, monitoring systems and armed response)